CARES Rent Relief
Holy Family Institute is partnering with Allegheny County to assist County renters with access to the CARES Rent Relief Program, which provides rental assistance to households experiencing job loss or substantial income loss due to the COVID-19 health crisis.
Application deadline is September 30, 2020.
What assistance is provided?
- Up to $1,500 per month per household in rental assistance
- Up to $200 per month per household to cover household costs for gas, electric, and internet; late fees charged by a landlord or utility company; and related court costs
Payments will be made to the landlord on behalf of the renter for a maximum of six months between March and December 2020.
Who can apply?
- Renters who have experienced job loss or a reduction in annual income due to COVID, and
- Landlords who have lost rental income because a renter has experienced job loss or a reduction in income due to COVID-19.
Do I qualify?
- Renter must document at least a 30% reduction in income since March 1, 2020,
- OR Renter must have become unemployed (as verified by the PA Department of Labor and Industry) after March 1, 2020 due to COVID-19, AND
- Renter’s household annual gross income must not exceed the following limits by household size:
Household Size - Gross Income
1 - $58,100
2 - $66,400
3 - $74,700
4 - $83,000
5 - $89,700
6 - $96,300
8 - $109,600
Apply Now! Deadline is September 30, 2020.
What information do I need before I apply?
- Proof of income:
- Paystubs from before and after March 1, 2020 to support at least 30% loss of pre-COVID income, OR
- Proof of Unemployment Compensation from PA Department of Labor and Industry
- Late rent notice/eviction notice/proof that rent is at least 30 days delinquent
- Proof of residency (example: utility bill)
- A copy of your lease agreement
- Landlord’s cooperation for accurate completion of all applications
How do I apply?
Renters and landlords must gather the information listed above and complete the proper documentation together, including:
- Completed renter and landlord applications for relief, and
- Landlord Property Certification.
Visit https://covidrentrelief.alleghenycounty.us/ to fill out an application online or download an application to be printed and mailed.
If you need assistance with the application process, please call 412-699-0963 or complete the form below and click SEND. A Benefit Navigator will be in contact to assist you.